It’s that day of the week again! It’s the night, I cook only from the heart (with utter disrespect to it of course because I stop counting calories)! It’s the night to eat the most loved food in the comfort of our own home! The list of the most loved takeout food is endless but I chose a family favourite and made a new version of it!
So here’s a new version of Burger – kheema chicken burger which I recently tried. Juicy and spicy kheema with creamy mayo, fresh vegetables which add a bite to the overall texture. It truly is one of the best burgers I have tried so far and the fun part is it’s so easy to make. No more making patties which don’t crumble (which is nothing less than a science project on its own), tastes less of the meat and more of the bread which is holding it together and is just so boring now (Yes! I said it).
Hope you like the idea and try this one at home! Don’t forget to tell us about it!
The next burger I will try is a Crispy Fried Chicken Burger! I am already drooling at the thought of it!
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Chicken Kheema Burger: A delicious burger which is ready within minutes and is a complete meal in itself.
Recipe type: Dinner/Lunch, Non-Vegetarian
Serving Size: Serves 4
- Chicken Kheema – 150 gms
- Red Bell Pepper, chopped – 1/4 cup
- Spring Onion white, chopped – 1/2 cup
- Garlic cloves, chopped – 1 tbs
- Tomatoes, chopped – 1 cup
- Oil – 1 tbs
- Salt to taste
- Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
- All spice powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Black Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
- Tobasco Sauce or Red Chili flakes – 1 tsp
- Spring Onion green, chopped – 1/4 cup
- Fresh coriander, chopped – 1/4 cup
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Whole wheat burger buns, cut horizontally in the middle – 4
- Mayonnaise – 4 tbs
- Mustard Sauce – 2 tbs
- Ketchup – 2 tbs
- Sliced Onion – 1 Medium
- Sliced Tomato – 1 Medium
- Shredded Lettuce – 1/2 cup
- Olives, sliced – 1/4 cup (optional)
- Pickled Cucumber (Store Bought) – 1/2 cup (optional)
- Salt and Pepper to Sprinkle
- Cheese Slices – 4 (optional)
- Sauté red bell pepper, spring onion white, garlic in olive oil on high heat for a couple of minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes and sauté for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Now add all the spices: cumin powder, all spice powder, red chili powder, salt, black pepper powder, tobasco or red chili flakes (if using) and mix.
- Now add kheema. Sauté until oil separates and chicken is cooked.
- Add lemon juice, spring onion green, fresh coriander and mix well.
- Switch off the gas and transfer to a bowl.
- Toast both slices of the bun on a griller or griddle pan. You can use butter at this stage but it’s optional.
- Now apply mayo on one slice. Apply Ketchup and Mustard Sauce on the other.
- Arrange sliced onion, tomatoes, lettuce on the mustard sauce side. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Add a heaped spoonful of kheema mixture.
- Now add a few slices of olives and sliced cucumber.
- Add a cheese slice (if using) and close the burger with the other bun slice.
- Make the rest of the three burgers like this and serve warm with a light salad on the side.
Notes: You can substitute chicken with cottage cheese/tofu/soya chunks. The dish will be as good.