I love mushrooms! Crave for them at odd hours and was jumping with joy to know that now we have mushroom pickles available which make them accessible all the time! Yayyy! Can’t wait to grab a jar for myself!
Like you all, I also do my share of mindless browsing, gawking at food photos, drooling over dishes! This recipe is a result of some such research (ahem!)
Inspired by the recipe and my own love for mushrooms, here I bring you the most delicious side dish ever!
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Garlicky Mushrooms: A salty, tangy, garlicky mushroom side dish which you can never have enough of!
Recipe type: Side Dish
Cuisine: Asian Inspired
Serving Size: 2
- Mushrooms – 200 gms
- Olive oil – 1/2 tbs
- Garlic, thinly sliced – 3
- Vinegar – 1/2 tsp
- Soy Sauce – 1/2 tbs
- Black pepper sauce or black bean sauce – 1 tsp (optional)
- Fresh Parsley or Fresh Coriander, chopped – 2 tbs
- Thyme, fresh – 1/4 tsp or dried thyme – 1/2 tsp
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Mix everything together except salt and oil.
- Heat oil in a pan, add the marinated mushrooms (drain the liquid, if any) and sauté on medium high heat until soft and tender.
- Add salt just a minute before you feel it’s about to be done otherwise mushrooms will leave a lot of water making the whole dish watery (if this happens, drain the liquid away and add a bit more soy sauce and olive oil if required).
- Cook till tender and serve hot!