My love for Lavash has grown many folds in the past year and rightly so! It’s the lightest, most neutral crisp to have with Dips! It just enhances the flavor of the dip you are scooping with it, not to forget how convenient it is to eat them!
I finally found the perfect recipe for Lavash and I am so glad I did! This is my go to recipe for a party/get-together/quick snack as it is extremely easy and ready in minutes (if you have the dough ready).
I am also sharing the whole wheat version. This is a “3-Ingredient” crisp recipe. Hope you enjoy it!
Prep Time: 35 Mins
Cook Time: 10 Mins
Total Time: 45 Mins
- All purpose Flour or Whole wheat flour* – 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil – 1/4 cup
- Water as needed
- Mix together flour and salt in a bowl. Now mix water with olive oil and add it to the flour mix. Knead into smooth dough. Cover and rest it for 10 minutes.
- Uncover, take the dough out. Now stretch the dough from one side and bring it back in. Do this for all sides. Gather the dough again, cover and rest for another 10 minutes.
- Repeat step 2 again at least 1 more times.
- Now, divide the dough into four portions. Roll out one portion as thin as possible (the surface below should be visible). It’s ideally stretched with hands but can be rolled as well.
- Cut them into triangles, brush them with oil and if you want you can sprinkle sesame seeds, nigella seeds, flax seeds on top and lightly roll again so that the seeds stick on the surface.
- Repeat the same process for the rest of the three portions and bake them together in a pre-heated oven for 7-10 minutes at 180 degree C or until light golden brown.
- Keep them to cool and then store them in an air tight container.
Note: If you use whole wheat flour, you will need more moisture to knead the dough and they may be a little chewy so serve them freshly baked and make only for one batch (they don’t store well)