Here’s a very simple and delicious way to feed your family protein and it’s super quick to make too! All you need is your favorite protein, the marinade and a griller and that’s it!
You can eat these as a snack!
You could put them inside a tortilla and throw in your choice of sauces and vegetables and you have yourself a nice tortilla roll!
You could simply crumble them and stuff them inside two tortillas ans some cheddar cheese, grill it and you have yourself a yummy and crispy Quesadilla
You could crumble them, stuff them inside a burger, line it with some tomatoes and lettuce, add a slice of cheese and a drizzle of mustard will give you a quick burger!
Let me stop here and let you make these first and then we can talk about what more we can do with these very versatile protein fingers. Well you could just use the marinate for vegetables as well and make yourself a nice grilled vegetable salad. I am really going to stop now and let you concentrate on making them 🙂
Prep time: 20 mins (or overnight for marination)
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Protein Fingers: Marinated and grilled protein fingers which are grilled to perfection.
Recipe type: Snack
Cuisine: Tex-Mex, Indian
Serving Size: 2-3
- Cottage cheese, cut in shape of a finger snack – 100 gms
- Chicken, boneless and skinless breast piece with angular slits – 100 gms (if using)
- Tofu, cubed – 100 gms (if using)
- Olive oil – 3 tbsp
- Minced Garlic – 1 tbsp
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Paprika – 1/4 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1/4 tsp
- Onion powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garlic powder – 1/4 tsp
- Oregano – 1/2 tsp
- Sage – 1/4 tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Make a marinate with Olive oil, Garlic, Cumin powder, Salt, Pepper, Paprika, red chili powder, Onion powder, Garlic powder, Oregano, Sage and lemon juice.
- Apply marinate on the protein and keep it for at least 20 minutes or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Grill the protein logs on a hot grill pan or flat griddle until slightly charred.
- If grilling chicken, you will need to cover it and cook initially on both sides until the juices run out and chicken is cooked. Remove the lid and char the chicken skin on high heat for a couple of more minutes.
- Cut the cooked chicken into thin slices.
- Serve warm with sour cream or salsa.
Note: You can replace all the dry spices with a peri peri ready made spice mix as well. Will be much quicker and as tastier. You can use one or all types of proteins in the recipe.