My go to protein packed snack for my toddler is baked spiced chickpea. In fact, we love it so much so that it has made it to our weekly menu.
I pressure cook chickpea and freeze some without the water (in which it was boiled) and use it to make this recipe at times when I am running out of ideas or time or patience (you know what I mean!)
I bake chickpea (chole) in the oven with various spices until crisp. My daughter and us love to nibble on these as much as we love our popcorn!
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Baked Crispy Chickpea: Spiced Baked Chickpeas, a perfect snack!
Recipe type: Snack
Serves – 2
- Chickpeas, boiled and rested in fridge – 1 cup
- Rock salt – 1/4 tsp
- Chaat masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Paprika or red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Cinnamon – 1/8 tsp
- Olive oil or regular oil – 1.5 tsp
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Add rock salt, chaat masala, paprika or red chili powder, cumin powder, oil and salt to the chickpeas.
- Mix well and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200-degree C for 8 to 10 minutes, until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve warm as a snack to munch on.
Note: You can even crisp it up on a hot griddle.