I happen to mix orange juice with some aromatics and ginger in an attempt to make a nice vinaigrette and what came out was a medley of flavors. It almost tasted like an orange candy with a burst of fresh, tangy, sweet flavors.
I put a salad around this vinaigrette only to have more of it. Nothing wrong in eating a salad just to have more and more of the orange and ginger candy, right?
In fact, this is so good that I am going to make a mocktail with this very soon!
My perfect summer salad with an orange candy vinaigrette 🙂
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Vermicelli Salad with Orange Candy Vinaigrette: A summer salad with vermicelli, fresh vegetables, orange with an orange vinaigrette
- Purple Cabbage, thinly sliced – 1/4 cup
- Cucumber, thinly sliced – 1/4 cup
- Yellow Bell pepper, thinly sliced – 1/4 cup
- Vermicelli noodles, steamed – 1/2 cup
- Carrot, thinly sliced – 1/4 cup
- Radish or Daikon, thinly sliced – 1/4 cup
- Orange slices – 1 whole orange
- Fresh Parsley, finely chopped – 2 tsp
- Black Sesame seeds for garnish
For Orange Candy Vinaigrette
- Orange juice – 1/2 cup
- Soy sauce – 1/2 tsp
- Ginger, chopped – 1/2 tsp
- Honey (avoid if the orange is sweet) – 1/2 tsp
- Star Anise – 1/2
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Olive oil – 1 tsp
- Heat oil in a small pan and add star anise in it. Let it cool.
- Now blend together orange juice, soy sauce, ginger, honey, salt and pepper.
- Add the cooled star anise and oil mixture and mix well. Your orange candy vinaigrette is ready.
- Mix together all salad ingredients and drizzle the orange vinaigrette.
- Sprinkle black sesame and serve cold.