Who would have thought that the humble cauliflower would become so famous and would become a staple of sorts in kitchens across globe. It’s almost like a huge cauliflower wave has swept the world! Well, avocado wave is next!
If you don’t like cauliflower yet, then start with this recipe! It’s smoky, sweet, hot, spicy, buttery and a flavor bomb in the mouth. It’s so easy and quick to prepare as well. Only 7 ingredients, mix, bake, mix, serve! Yes, it’s ready to serve. It’s totally a guilt free indulgence and keeps you full too.
Here’s the recipe for the quick cauliflower bytes!
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 20 mins
Spicy Sweet Smoky Baked Cauliflower: Spicy, sweet and smoky baked cauliflower bites, a perfect snack!
Recipe type: Snack
Serves – 2
- Cauliflower, florets – 1 Medium
- Salt to taste
- Paprika – 1/2 tsp
- Red chili sauce – 2 tsp
- Vinegar – 1/2 tsp (or lemon juice or 2 tsp tomato puree)
- Honey – 1 tsp
- Olive oil – 1 tbs
- Garlic, crushed – 1 tsp (optional)
- Put oil, salt, garlic and paprika in a bowl and put the cauliflower florets. Mix well until well coated.
- Spread on a baking tray and bake in a preheated oven for 10 minutes at 180 degree C.
- It should be done in 10 minutes or else bake till cauliflowers are soft but still have a nice bite to them!
- Mix together chili sauce, vinegar and honey in a big bowl. Put the baked cauliflower in the bowl while it’s still hot and mix well until well coated.
- Bake again for another 5 minutes at 200 degree C until slightly charred.
- Serve hot as a side dish.