It’s different, it’s not like our regular sandwich, it’s not bagel, then what is it? It’s a bagel Sandwich! A bagelich? Sounds funny!
Make one of these to impress your family and friends. Have a get together only to serve these and hear them go gaga over it! I wanted to make a healthy salad but with a twist. All I did was slather my home made cream cheese on two halves of a bagel, put a heap full of salad in between. The bagel…I mean the sandwich…I mean the bagelich is ready!
It was fun making because it was ready in minutes. It was filling and was so much fun eating! Delish!
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Bagel Sandwich: A healthy salad sandwiched between a bagel.
Recipe type: Dinner
Cuisine: Fusion Cuisine
Serving Size: 2
- Bagel – 2
- Lettuce – A handful
- Tomatoes, sliced – 1 Medium
- Cucumber, sliced – 1 Medium
- Cottage cheese, grated – 1/2 cup
- Cream cheese – 4 tbs (or cheese spread)
- Red chili flakes – 1 tsp
- Mustard sauce – 1 tsp
- Tomato ketchup – 1 tsp (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the bagel in half. Toast it on a griddle (optional).
- Spread cream cheese on both inner halves of a bagel.
- Spread mustard sauce on one half and ketchup on the other.
- On one half, place the lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber and grated cottage cheese.
- Sprinkle red chili flakes, salt and pepper.
- Close the sandwich with the other half of the bagel.
- Similarly make the other sandwich.