I don’t really know what the Avocado craze is all about! I am not a big fan but the avocraze got me thinking! Got myself an avocado again and was staring at it for inspiration and then it hit me!
Since Avocado is very neutral in taste, why not add a zing with pickle! I love pickle and can have it with everything. Today, I just added a spoonful of my favorite mango pickle with avocado and made myself a spread I have been binging on ever since!
It’s creamy, it’s zingy, it’s tangy, i’ts healthy, it’s everything you ever want in a spread! Takes under 10 minutes to whip up and it’s so versatile because you can use any pickle of your choice and mix and match and see what works best for you! The only rule is to pickle the green boys!
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
Total time: 10 mins
Pickled Avocado Spread: Tangy pickled avocado spread
Recipe type: Dip/Spread
Cuisine: Fusion Cuisine
Serving Size: 1 cup
- Avocado, ripe – 1
- Mango pickle (only the marinade and oil) – 2 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Nigel seeds for garnish
- Peel the avocados and cut them into two halves. Discard the seed.
- Mash the avocado with the back of a fork until smooth and supple.
- Mix mango pickle marinade and oil. Add salt and melon juice.
- Mix well and adjust seasoning if required.
- Use it fresh as a spread or a dip!