Smashed it! Crispy, tender, creamy and a super fast mid day snack of smashed potatoes is here! You wouldn’t want to go back to eating potatoes any other way. It’s really really good! And I had so much fun and made so much noise smashing those tiny morsels that my daughter was distracted and she soon joined in the fun.
It’s a super easy, super quick snack which is way better than fried stuff. And it’s heavenly when you eat it straight out of the warm oven tray (yes of course you need to wait for a while so that they are safe to touch).
I topped it with a bit of Mayo, Parsley and a generous sprinkle of salt and pepper. You can go with whatever topping you fancy. Here you have a 5 ingredient smashed potatoes that you will make over and over again!
Prep time: 12 mins
Cook time: 8 mins
Total time: 20 mins
Smashed Potatoes: Baby potatoes smashed and baked until crispy.
Recipe type: Appetizer|Snack
Serving Size: 2
- Baby Potatoes – 100 gms
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Mayonnaise – 2 tbsp
- Parsley, chopped – 1 tbsp
- Scrub and wash the baby potatoes well.
- Cover and boil potatoes for 10 – 12 minutes or until tender and done.
- Preheat the oven at 200 degree C for about 10 minutes.
- Smash all the potatoes one by one on an oven tray.
- Apply oil with a brush or spoon. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake in oven for about 8 minutes at 200 degree C or until light golden brown and done.
- Once done, let them cool down for 5 minutes and top it with mayo and sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve warm straight out the oven tray otherwise it will lose it’s crispness.